Peculiar Tales is a role-playing game that combines elements of fantasy, science fiction and film noir.
It takes place on Edemia, a world quite like Earth, but weirder. Taas and Sylvanos are the major continents, the moon is called Nilbog, and the greatest metropolis on the planet is called Clockwork City.
The heroes are the misfits who don’t fit into normal society. These human, elf, ogre and goblin outcasts have decided to take on the life of adventurers. They work outside the system, doing jobs that bring them in frequent contact with the outcomes of mad science gone wrong and the surreal aspects of ancient occult magic. They all have their own reasons for doing what they do, and they wouldn’t have it any other way.
All of this is set against a time of industrial revolution and post-war excess. On Earth, this was the 1920s. It is a time of prohibition, mob bosses, clandestine parties, wild speculations, and foolhardy expeditions.
- A unique rules system involving playing cards instead of dice.
- Story-driven play that focuses on cinematic action and investigative mysteries.
- Play as a human, an elf, an ogre, or an extra-terrestrial goblin.
- A gazetteer of Edemia, the 1920s fantasy world of crime lords, super villains, and ancient occult mysteries.
- A series of adventure prompts to inspire Game Masters.